NanoSlick DT-100 Dry Lubricant uses across industries
Benefits and Capabilities of using NanoSlick DT-100 Dry Lubricant
High Speed Spindles
Carts Wheels in Meat Packaging
Aluminum Rolling Mills
Water Jet Cutting
|Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) is an excellent coating for bearings where conventional lubricants can not be used or where the application requires the insurance of a permanent lubricant for extended wear life as in gear motors or transmissions. From miniature bearings used in dental hand pieces to large bearings for electrical power plants, the WS2 low friction coating extends wear life 2 to 5 times. Bearings with the WS2 coating applied by Micro Surface will have a blue-gray color.
|Injection Molding Coating
All Mold Components that Contact Resin
Investment Casing Tooling
|Improves Resin Flow & Mold Release 3 to 9% and increases productivity from 4 to 8% on average. Does not transfer to finished parts and provides longer lasting release than alternitives such as mold spray.
Main Enginer Bearings
|Automotive parts coated with Tungsten Disulfide have lower friction which in turn provide longer wear life, reduced squeaking and noise, better gas milage and reduced fuel costs by requiring less energy.
Pulp & Paper Handling Devices
Dry Lube for Clean Rooms
Rear End Differentials
High Load Heavy Equipment
|Gears coated with Tungsten Disulfide exibit lower friction and as a result have a longer wear life.
NSK Linear Actuation Devices
|Ball screws coated with Tungsten Disulfide run smoother from having lower friction and as a result will have longer life.
Internal / External Spline Shafts
|Shafts coated with WS2 have longer life because they are run smoother with less friction.
|Wear Plates & Gibs
|Chains coated with Tungsten Disulfide are able to run without wet lubrication and also benefit from lower friction.
Automotive Fuel Injection Systems
Diesel Hydraulic Valves
|Tungsten Disulfide coated Valves benefit from lower friction and in turn longer wear life.
|Hardware, Connectors, & Disconnect Parts
Stainless Steel Components
Hyrdaulic, Fuel, & Air components where galling is a problem
|After being coated with WS2 hardware has lower friction making it easier to assemble and disassemble and also prolongs wear life.
Spiral Flow & Mold Release Improvement
A sprial flow study conducted by Western Washington University showed improvements of 3% to 9% in resin flow following Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) coating. The study was conducted to quantify flow enhancement afforded by the Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) coating when applied to injection, blow and extrusion molding/tooling. This return on investment to customers is experienced in improved product quality due to reduced operating pressure and temperatures, as well as significantly lower operating costs resulting from faster cycling and increased tool life.
AMS2530 / DOD-L-85645 Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) Application
AMS2530 is an aerospace material specification that outlines the application of Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) thin lubrication film coating in a binder less impingement applied method that does not require a curing process. Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) has historically been used on metal components and some non-metallic items such as thermoplastics and thermosetting polymers where an extremely thin coating of 1/2 micron in thickness is needed to reduce friction, wear, galling, seizing, and fretting. Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) is compatible with lubricants such a hydraulic fluid, oils, and greases.
- Raw Material: Must be finely powdered Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) free from contaminants such as graphite, molybdenum disulfide, binders or other materials so as to be compatible in liquid oxygen systems and hard radiation environments. Micro Surface uses the highest quality North American sourced and USA produced Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) in its coating application.
- Cleaning: Prior to application the components to be coated must be thouroughly cleaned to remove all external substances such as oils, greases, dirt as well as any oxidation and must be handled to prevent re-contamination during the coating process.
- Application:Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) is impinged on the component at ambient temperature.
- Adhesion Verification: Micro Surface Corp. verifies the adhesion of Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) by using a pressure sensitive film backed tape that is applied to the sample and rapidly removed in accordance with ASTM D 2510 to confirm that no flakes or particles of the coating are removed exposing the base metal.
- Thickness: The thickness must be less than or equal to 0.00002 inch (0.5 micron).
- Thermal Stability: The coating must be able to withstand temperatures in the range of -300°F to 900°F.
- Appearance: The coating color must be a uniform silver gray color that does not have cracks, pinholes, blisters, or other surface imperfections when viewed under a microscope.
- Corrosion Resistance: Anodized aluminum panels must not show signs of discoloration or pitting after 500 hours of exposure from ASTM D 2649 testing.
- Quality: Parts are inspected to ensure proper application, adhesion, & appearance. The coating must be uniform in color, smooth and free from surface imperfections.