In cold weather conditions you need a lubricant that can perform and will not let you down. NanoSlick™ Arctic Shield is specifically for extremely cold conditions with Tungsten having a temperature resistance of -450F (-270C), and is based on nanotechnology that improves lubrication properties by decreasing friction and wear, thereby extending gear life. NanoSlick™ Arctic Shield consists of a state-of-the-art premium plus, water-resistant grease infused with 99.9% pure Tungsten Disulfide, our own special blend of rust and corrosion inhibitors, making NanoSlick™ Arctic Shield the slickest, highest quality professional lubricant for cold conditions!
NanoSlick Arctic Shield performs at temperatures as low as -45oF and our Tungsten Powder lubricant performs at temperatures as low as -450oF.
Load Bearing Capability
Tungsten disulfide has a high load bearing property of 300,000 psi.
Arctic Shield Properties
NanoSlick™ Arctic Shield’s exceptional extreme pressure (EP) properties and high load bearing properties are due to the tungsten disulfide particles it contains (tungsten disulfide has a high load bearing property of 300,000 psi). Tungsten disulfide, one the most lubricious materials one the planet, can offer a dry lubricity that no other substance can match and is the superior disulfide for use in high temperature and high pressure applications. Tungsten disulfide grease can be used in place of molybdenum disulfide grease (sometimes referred to as moly disulfide grease) and graphite grease, to the betterment of the operation. Molybdenum and tungsten come from the same chemical family and have been around equally long, and although molybdenum has traditionally been the more popular choice (due to easy availability and previous lower cost), its rising cost has put it in a comparable price range with tungsten. It is now more economically feasible to use tungsten disulfide, which is a superior disulfide as it is both heavier and more stable than molybdenum.
Many customers use it on snowmobiles, chainsaw blades, winches, pulleys, pumps and more.
- Patented synthetic NLGI Grade 2, heavy-duty, multi-purpose lubricant with addition of PTFE micro powders
- Lowest coefficient of friction – 0.03%, unmatched by either Graphite, Teflon or Molybdenum Disulfide (MolyB)
- Will not drip, run or evaporate
- Impervious to saltwater and safe in potable water
- Rust Inhibiting Properties
- Saltwater Corrosion Inhibitor
- Temperature Resistance from -45ºF to 450ºF
- Load Bearing Capability is Extremely High at 300,000PSI
- Applications are unlimited and could be tried with every conceivable idea